It truly seems like no matter what you do, stomach fat never wants to leave your body. You exercise regularly and eat healthy yet it never goes away. What are some of the best exercises to get rid of unwanted stomach fat and see results quickly?
Nothing burns belly fat faster than crunches, and should always represent the number one position in fat burning exercises. There are numerous variations of crunches including: twist crunches, side crunches, reverse crunches and butterfly crunches.
#2: Rolling Plank
- Position yourself on the floor with your knees and elbows resting on the ground
- Keep your neck aligned with your spine. Look forward
- Lift the knees up and support your legs on the toes
- Contract your knees and keep breathing normally
- Stay in this posture for 30 seconds
Simple yet always effective. If it has been awhile start out slow with a light jog or even a walk. The most important aspect to remember is consistency. If you consistently walk/jog/run you will get into better shape which allows you to exercise for longer thus presenting the ability to burn more and more calories.
#4: The Stomach Vaccum
Stomach vacuum exercises are low-impact exercises that place greater emphasis on breathing instead of increasing your heart rate.
- Go down to the ground on all fours, supporting your body on your hands and knees
- Inhale deeply and loosen your abdomen
- As you exhale, tighten the abdomen muscles
- Hold the position for 15 to 30 seconds’
#5: Bicycle Riding
Yet another exercise that is not too hard on the body yet delivers tremendous cardiovascular results. In order to avoid any stiffness or soreness always stretch beforehand and do a proper warm-up and cool-down. Whether on a stationary or mobile bike, you will notice the results with consistent exercise.
#6: Captain’s Chair
The Captain’s Chair exercise is simple:
- Sit on the chair with your spine straight and shoulders relaxed.
- Keep both hands beside you with your palms by the side of your hips, facing downward
- Inhale deeply
- As you exhale, bring both your legs upwards such that your knees are close to your chest
- Hold for five seconds (do not bend forward or arch your back)
- Bring down your legs slowly and repeat